Historical & fantasy miniatures for the discerning collector & all your modelling needs
3D Printing - Made to order within 5-10 days
3D Printing - Kindly note that 3D prints are custom-made to order and orders are dispatched in 5-10 days.
Our shop is open at Unit 1, Briston Orchard Business Units, St. Mellion, Saltash PL12 6RQ. Open Tues-Fri-Sat 10.00 - 16.00 hrs.
Visit us at our shop in Unit 1, Briston Orchard Business Units, St. Mellion, Saltash PL12 6RQ. Open Tues-Fri-Sat 10.00 - 16.00 hrs.
Sign up for re-stock notifications!
54mm resin kit. Sculpted and painted by David Zabrocki. Kit includes: 9 pieces.
The 16th New York Infantry was raised from three counties in the far north of New York State and mustered in for two years of service on 15th May 1861, initially under Colonel Thomas A. Davies. Additional regiments that formed later in the war would serve for three years, those men concerned being reassigned to 121st New York Regiment to complete their service when the 16th mustered out on 14th May 1863.
The 16th were involved to a varying extent in several major battles including Bull Run, West Point, Gaines’ Mill, Glendale, Crampton’s Pass and Salem Church.
They were initially outfitted by the state with a dark blue jacket, sky blue trousers and a dark blue fatigue cape. However, there was subsequently a change to this uniform around early June 1862, shortly before the Seven Days Battle, when Major Joel J. Seaver of 16th presented to each member of the regiment a straw hat with black ribbon, leggings and some other items.
The leggings were found to be hot and uncomfortable on campaign and were hardly seen being worn into the summer of 1862. The straw hats, being more comfortable than the army-issue fatigue cap, were initially popular among the men but were somewhat conspicuous and it is believed this led to the increased number of casualties being sustained by the 16th at Gaines’ Mill due to the Confederate cannons being deliberately trained at them.
Our miniature depicts the 16th NY uniform complete with straw hat and leggings as they might have appeared during the Seven Days Battle from 25th June to 2nd July 1862. A fatigue cap is included for use instead of the straw hat if desired.
text courtesy of FeR Miniatures
Subscribe to our newsletter
Kindly note that our shop in St. Mellion, Cornwall will be closed for a summer break from Friday 12 August to Sunday 21st August.
However, online orders will still be processed and fulfilled.