75mm scale resin kit. Sculpted by Stefano Cannone. Boxart by Fernando Ruiz. Kit includes: 13 kit parts
The 2nd Partisan Corps, also known as Lee’s Legion, was a Continental military unit raised during the American Revolution by Henry Lee III, governor of Virginia at that time, and father of Robert E. Lee, the future commander of the Confederate Army during the American Civil War.
The unit was a mixed corps of light infantry and cavalry that was highly successful at reconnaissance and surveillance missions. They also raided the enemy behind their lines, attacking supply lines, raiding depots and skirmishing with their light units in what later would be known as “guerrilla warfare”.
The first time they saw action was in 1778, very soon after their formation, were they ambushed and defeated a Hessian regiment. They participated in diverse actions in South Carolina, acting as protection for the colonist on the area and harassing the British and the Loyalists. They also participated in the Battle of Guilford Court House in 1781, before being disbanded in 1783, at the end of the war.
Our figure wears the green and buff uniform of these troops, with the characteristic “Tarleton” helmet that was favored by many Light Cavalry units of the period.
Text courtesy of FeR Miniatures